There are many ways to add testimonials to your website; from just adding text to a web page to using an easy to use testimonial app like VocalReferences. There are many advantages to using a testimonial app over simply listing text testimonials on a page.
Why Use a Testimonial App?
Using a testimonial app has a number of advantages including:
- Not having to use a developer to change the web page every time you get new testimonials or wish to delete old one’s
- Pre-defined and customizable testimonial templates which make it easy to make your testimonials stand out on any web page.
- Most testimonial apps will work well both on desktop and mobile devices
In addition to the above advantages, VocalReferences brings you some very smart add-on features and benefits:
- Capture video and or audio testimonials. Video and audio formats are totally integrated so you don’t need to worry how it will get done. They work the same as text testimonials. Now you can collect customer audio and visual feedback from your customers’ mobile devices.
- Upgraded users will benefit from a Google star Review SERP. This SERP will display a link to your reviews when people search for your business on the internet.
- Recognition badges to display your achievements anywhere
- Integration with popular web platforms like Wix, Weebly, WordPress. Our display widgets and badges work with any html page.
You can learn more about these features on our website.
Below we will outline the steps you need to take to add the VocalReferences testimonial widget to your web page, add new testimonials and configure the Add Testimonial button to allow your visitors and customers to leave you testimonials right from your website.
Steps to Add Testimonials to Your Website
- To start you will need to create an account with VocalReferences. As you will find on most websites, you can easily create an account either with your email, your Facebook account or Google account.
- Add a testimonial by clicking on the Add Testimonial button inside the Merchant Center
- Fill out as much information as you can on the add testimonial form including: the ratings, title, description and any other information about the customer who left the testimonial. Click Save to save your work.
- You can add as many testimonials via the Merchant Center as you like.
- You can also import testimonials and reviews from Facebook or from a CSV file. To do so, follow the instructions found on our importing testimonials help doc.
Display Testimonials on Your Website
To display testimonials on your website you will need to add a testimonial display widget to a page on your website. Follow the following steps:
- After logging in you will be taken to the Merchant Center.
- In the Merchant Center click on Layouts
- Select the layout which best suits your needs. There are single layouts, page layouts and edge layouts. Use as many as you wish on as many pages as necessary.
- Customize the layout. As you customize the layouts, click the preview button to see the impact your changes have on the display.
- When you have the layout customized to your satisfaction, click on the Get Code button. A popup box will display the widget code. Copy the code in the box.
- Go to your website editor of your website and select the page to which you wish to add the testimonial widget code.
- Paste the code in the editor and click save
- View the page with the testimonial widget code in a browser to see the results
Check out our short video clip on how to add our testimonial display widget to your website.
Looking for further reading on how to use testimonials on your website check out out Testimonial Examples blog post which has many great examples of how companies and brands are using testimonials
We also invite you to check out our monthly post Testimonial Examples from Real Websites which highlights examples of how our users have added testimonials to their websites.
If you have questions about VocalReferences, do not to hesitate to contact our friendly support staff at email@example.com. They will be happy to assist.